[SOLVED] Flasher ATE - possible to write to registries without also rewriting the firmware?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher ATE - possible to write to registries without also rewriting the firmware?

Hi,

I'm using a Flasher ATE to program my J-Flash generated files. pex, dat, cfg files.

#AUTO PATCH 13,100010EC,4:7014A777,100010F0,4:0101E968,100010F4,4:31330F42

Something like this. It works fine. The thing is, during the test some new information is revealed, and I want to write that into another registry, without changing anything else, and without programming the firmware again. Speed is my concern.

Is there a command for this?

I'm picturing something like: #PATCH, which only does this.

I know I can do this with nrfjprog, such as nrfjprog -f NRF52 --memwr 0x100010EC --val 0x7014A777, but that doesn't work with flasher ATE, does it?
  • Hello,

the Flasher does not support "read-modify-write", therefore you'd need to create a second minimal data file which only contains the affected sector.
    This will be even faster than the "read-modify-write" procedure, because reading is not necessary.

Best regards
    Arne

PS: If you have additional questions, please use our technical support system: segger.com/support/technical-support/
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.