[SOLVED] Hot key and keyboard layout

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Hot key and keyboard layout

Hello, I met a bug.

Hotkeys are not always perceived correctly depending on the keyboard layout.

- In the settings menu, the current layout does not affect and allows you to assign a new keyboard shortcut correctly, taking into account the English layout;
    - In the code editor, hotkeys work correctly when the English layout is enabled
    - When Russian (for example) is enabled, the combinations stop working completely. But with a few exceptions "Ctrl + Q".

In the screenshot, I tried to call the "open file in explorer" option using the "Ctrl + Q, E" combinations with the Russian layout enabled (For example, I forgot to change the layout when returning to SES :/ ).

As you can see, the combination was only partially recognized.

This is not critical, but in some ways it is not convenient.

Thank,
    Regards
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Could you specify which keyboard layout you use exactly for testing? Just to make sure we use the same for testing.

Best regards,
    NIno
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

I use two keyboards layout:
    1. English (united States)
    2. Russian

unfortunately, I do not know how to specify more precisely.
    just in case, the operating system is: Windows 8.1x64 Professional

So, I have done another experiment.
    For languages with Latin characters (English, German, Spanish, Italian, ...) hotKeys work correctly.
    For languages with Cyrillic characters (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, ...), hotKeys no work.

I can assume that this feature is connected with this. However, other applications accept hotkeys regardless of the current layout, for example "Saleae logic". Those, the system is registering correctly.

Again, I can assume that the problem is from Qt. Development is done on this platform, right? Met similar questions, but I can be mistaken.

Best regards,
  • Hi,

Thank you for providing additional information. We will see what we can do to improve the experience with such keyboard layouts as well.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.