[ABANDONED] Reflashing ST-Link V2 to J-Link on my STM32F4Discovery does not work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Reflashing ST-Link V2 to J-Link on my STM32F4Discovery does not work

Hi everyone,

I am trying to reflash my STM32F4Discovery (MB997C) to a J-Link OB, unfortunately I get the following error message:

[0] Quit
    [1] Upgrade to J-Link
    [2] Update J-Link firmware
    [3] Restore ST-Link
    Selection>1

Preparing for FW update (can take up to 10 seconds)...ERROR: Unsupported ST-LINK firmware

[0] Quit
    [1] Upgrade to J-Link
    [2] Update J-Link firmware
    [3] Restore ST-Link
    Selection>1

Preparing for FW update (can take up to 10 seconds)...Invalid handleERROR: Cannot find an ST-LINK, multiple ST-LINKs plugged in, or ST-LINK is in use

Relevant infos:
    STM32F4Discovery (MB997C) - I tried both with and without the jumpers in place to connect the ST-Link to the target
    STLink V2 Firmware version: V2J37S0

J-Link SW: V6.82f / V6.83c (both with the same result)
    STLinkReflash_190812 (=latest)

Did anyone else experience this behaviour and somehow get the reflash to work?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW thanks a lot to Segger for providing the possibility to evaluate their tools!

Best regards,
    Thomas
  • Hi Thomas,
    Sorry for the delay in response.
    We are currently very busy.

We only had a MB997B in house and everything worked fine on it:

We ordered a new board, which should have the latest revision, and will give it a try as soon as it arrives.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Thomas,

We received now a new MB997D board (Rev. C boards are no longer sold by ST) where we converted the ST-Link as described here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…j-links/st-link-on-board/

And everything is working as expected.
    Did you make sure that you followed all the steps from the guide? Did you install the ST-Link USB drivers?
    Please understand that we can't put more time into this investigation as the issue seems not be be related to SEGGER software but is rather either a usage error or the boards is somehow defective in which case we recommend to contact ST support.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.