[SOLVED] Feature Request / Optional Manual Reset of Execution Counters

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Feature Request / Optional Manual Reset of Execution Counters

Hello,

I'd like to request the option of a manual reset of the execution counters for the source and code profile windows. Per the manual, the counters reset automatically when the probe detects a reset (which is generally fine). However, I'm developing and testing a bootloader where resets are a normal part of the process and the execution counters are lost periodically when I'm trying to analyze the code coverage. I would like to be able to have the counters clear when Ozone writes the flash (obviously) and then only through some manual operation (e.g. keyboard shortcut, command line, menu option etc.)

I've made a workaround that prevents the automatic counter reset by putting a breakpoint at the top of main() that has callback that just executes Debug.Continue(). However, I'd like something more explicit if possible (especially in the event that my breakpoint/continue workaround is not an intended behavior and gets "fixed" at some point), but it works for my purposes at the moment.

Thanks for your help.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Execution counters can already be reset manually (See Ozone Manual -> Chapter: Code Execution Counters).

We added keeping execution counters across resets within a debug session to our wishlist.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Fabian,

Thanks for your response. I suppose I could have phrased my request a bit better, but yes, my intent was the option of a manual reset that was mutually exclusive with the existing automatic reset of counters. I agree, though, that maintaining the counters on a debug session basis would fulfill the end result I was hoping for.

Thanks for adding it to the list.