[ABANDONED] un-wanted break-ins / stops in SVC handlers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] un-wanted break-ins / stops in SVC handlers

I'm debugging RTOS based code , on Cortex R4F.

Every time there is an SVC call - and here are multiple handles based on SVC value - my Segger J-Link breaks / stops execution. I do not have any breakpoints in these handlers / places, and I also tried removing all of other breakpoints - this did not help. I further , disable all "Semihosting" (requires bkp in SVC_xxx), and I do not have CIO enabled.

What else can I do ..? I do not understand why it stops by itself in places. ( A bit reminds me of that problem I had with Segger + other TI' chip where I couldn't debug at all FreeRTOS based code because JLink would get suck in SVC on first call. . To which I got no really solution from Segger).
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Could you please provide us with a simple project this is reproducible with out-of-the-box?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

It would be great to first receive any update on similar issue I've reported I think year ago, and, which I waited on, but you never got back to me. The issue is, as I'm aware, still open, and I haven't received any update from you on.
    (I was also exchanging messages directly with you, but you havent' replied).
    See here free rtos can't continue after svc on a ti mcu .. (you know, a bit frustrating there was no update from you on it ..)

For that board/setup, I have fully described it, and even provided you with firmware blob & exact steps to trigger it.

Could you please then review that? Otherwise, I first need to find time to create out-of-the-box for you, and spend time and perhaps not get any reply as in the last case.

Please, take that issue further - it's not resolved, and I saw other people having same issue with it on your forum from > years back.

The post was edited 1 time, last by v01d: found thread ().