[SOLVED] unable to program axf file using j-link commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] unable to program axf file using j-link commander

Hi,

I am working on ARM Cortex M4 development board and using keil IDE for generating .axf output file. Instead of using using keil for flashing the generated outpu file(axf), i would like to use j-link commander.

But whenever i try to program the M4 with the j-link commander(SWD) using loadfile, i am getting error as "File is of unknown/supported format". I understood that using J-link commander with loadfile, we can only program .hex, .bin, .mot,.srec.

Is there any tool available to program the Cortex M4 with .axf file?? Please let me know

Thanks and Regards,
    Satheesh Konduru
  • Hi,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

The .axf file is a debug output file, intended for debugging and not for production/flashing the device.
    You could either use SEGGER Ozone for flashing it or convert it to a .bin file as already suggested.

We will consider this thread as closed.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.