[ABANDONED] Go To Definition NOT work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Go To Definition NOT work

MAX OS 10.1.56, since Version V4.52 the go to definition function not work, include the newest version V5.10. V4.50 work fine. How can i fix it?

BTW, is there any plan about dark theme on MAC OS?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Do you see the same behaviour when using V5.10?
    Does this issue appear for you only on macOS or also with other OSs?

hiqrf3 wrote:

BTW, is there any plan about dark theme on MAC OS?
    Yes, but it is unfortunately much more complex do enable on macOS than on e.g. Windows or Linux (where dark mode is already available) so right now it is on our feature wish list with low priority. But it will be added eventually in future.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thanks for your reply.

「Do you see the same behaviour when using V5.10?」 Yes, all versions above V4.50 have the same behaviour.

「Does this issue appear for you only on macOS or also with other OSs?」 I computer is MacBook Pro, so I can't try other OS.
  • Good news, the issue has been resolved. I go to Source Navigator window, search one of the functions witch can not go to definition, double click the search result to locate the function definition, after that, I can use go to definition function.
  • Hello,

It sounds this issue may be related to the indexer not having finished its job.
    Do you have a rather large project?
    In the Source Navigator window, do you see the indexer still running?
    If yes wait for the indexer to finish its task. After that all goto features should work as expected.

Can you confirm this?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello hiqrf3,

are you using multiple projects in a single solution?

In this scenario the indexer seems not to work in embedded Studio, or at least not working properly when regularly switching between these projects.

Regards