[ABANDONED] JLink, Nordic NRF52850 unable to erase

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLink, Nordic NRF52850 unable to erase

JLinkExe -device NRF52840_xxAA -if swd -speed 4000

connect
    erase

just pops up a window with progress bars; comapre 100%, erase and program at 0%; then returns saying "Failed to erase chip", "Failed to execute ramcode for chip erase!"; ERROR: Erase returned with error code -5.

Also if I just use JLink to access the NVMC registers to do the erase; nothing happens the device is NOT erased.

The nordic tool nrfjprog works to erase devices;
    I know JFlash works OK for programming devices; I have used this in the past.

Why does the JLink command "erase" not work?
    Why can I not erase devices just via NVMC writes as nordic manual says?

Have Nordic, or Segger done something behind the scenes to stop device erase via straight register writes?

I have been working on some production scripting to program our devices; using linux, maybe windows or preferrablt rasperberry pi in conjuction with JLink.

Anyone any ideas?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us and we were not able to reproduce it on an nRF52840-DK evaluation board:

Are you using the latest version of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack?
    You can download it here.

If you are using an older version, please give the latest version a try.

If it is still not working after upgrading:

1) Could you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File
    2) Is there an application running on the target?
    3) If so would it be possible for you to send it to as (e.g. as .hex file) so we can try to reproduce this behavior?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.