Font Converter issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Font Converter issue

Hello,

I am using Font converter ver 5.48d. I generate the fonts by selecting using pt option instead of pixels.

I have observed that when i select Century Gothic Regular font 9pt and 10pt, for both the file name generated is the same i.e. Century Gothic17.c.

is this expected? . Visually the font seem different.
      For bold option and different pt size then also file generated is Century Gothic17.c.

Thanks
      Regards,

Anuj
    • Hi,

the Font Converter always adds the pixel height of the font to the file name, not just the height of a character. The pixel height includes the spacing above and below a character, therefore the height can be the same with different point sizes.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

But as the font is different in any case should it not generate different name file. suppose i have used one bold pt font and one regular font in my project with different pts. if the file names for both are same suppose then when i will generate the 2nd font as it has same name it will replace the first font file in my project which is not correct. If one does not keep a track then it is more likely that the font applied for widgets will be changed unknowingly.

Thanks
      Regards,

Anuj
    • Hi,

the Font Converter shows a dialog when trying to overwrite an existing file, though. Nonetheless, you do have a point, we will consider improving the file naming in the tool.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.