[SOLVED] JLinkExe - Specify to use <Default> device with flag?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLinkExe - Specify to use <Default> device with flag?

Hi everyone,

I've been a long-time JLink Base user and find it to be the most reliable debugger/programmer on the market.

Anyway, I recently had a use case where I wanted to flash/reset a device with a script using JLinkExe. The script is unfortunately unaware of the target device's name and so I thought it would be sufficient to use the last-used device (called <Default> when using the CLI). I am simply using a temporarily-created command script and passing in a bunch of flags so the user doesn't have to type in anything. This is to accomplish automated testing.

Is there any way to specify to JLinkExe to use the <Default>/last-used device with the -device flag when launching it?

EDIT:

This is for an automated testing plugin for Mbed-OS: github.com/AGlass0fMilk/mbed-os-tools/tree/jlink-plugin

The post was edited 1 time, last by aglass0fmilk ().

• Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry and for the feedback.
    Currently there is no such option.

We implemented this feature today.
    It will be part of the next beta release, planned for the end of next week.

Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Quick follow up. The command line option is:

Source Code

1. -device default

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.