[SOLVED] Excluding variables from being initialized

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Excluding variables from being initialized

Hi,
    I' have to save some variables over a reset, regardless a hard- or softreset.
    Found some suggestions here: Exclude variable from initialization how to use the .non_init section, but I'd like some things to know:
    * Do I always have to edit the "flash_placement.xml" or is this file, specially this section, preset in a new project? Or is there a simple way using the project properties setup in SES?
    * is this section under linker control, i.e. will it grow on demand? (I didn't find something about that)

73 de Kai DL1GJJ
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The default flash_placement.xml should always come with a non.init section. So no need to edit the xml. Just make sure to place your code correctly into that section.

DL1GJJ wrote:

* is this section under linker control, i.e. will it grow on demand? (I didn't find something about that)
    Yes it is dynamic depending on how many symbols you place there.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.