[SOLVED] 2 pin cjtag cc1310 J-Flash 6.62d

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] 2 pin cjtag cc1310 J-Flash 6.62d

Hi!

I was trying to connect to my cc1310 device via J-Flash, using the cJtag interface.
    My observation was the following:

Having the following setting in J-Flash

I am able to connect to my cc1310 device, as long as all 4 Jtag pins are connected.

We have our own 2*4 connector with this pinout

Once I disconnect TDI and TDO from the device (by actually cutting them on the PCB
    then the J-Flash can not connect anymore.

According to the following page, the cjtag should in fact work with only 2 pins: segger.com/products/debug-prob…tion/#cjtag-compatibility

My questions are:

1. should 2pin cjtag in fact work via J-Flash 6.62d?
    2. Should I be able to debug via Ozone (I would like to do it via CCS 10.0 as well, but I just ask the folks on the TI forum)

As a sidenote, the device I was trying to connect was already flashed previously (4 pins connected) with a software image. I tried to check if the cJtag could be disabled by the ccfg aka. Customer Configuration of the cc1310 device, but I do not think so.

The final goal is to use this adapter in our new board design: segger.com/products/debug-prob…ers/6-pin-needle-adapter/

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

You are using a fairly old version of the J-Flash software.
    Could you please give the latest version a try?

It is available as part of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

thanks for your reply.
    In fact I can verify, that the cjtag does work in a 2 pin configuration with the cc1310 even with the J-Flash 6.62d.

As most often it was a user error on my side, after proper setup of the HW it works flawlessly.

Cheers!
  • Hi,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

We will consider this thread as closed now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.