[SOLVED] the principle to program Norflash with flash loader

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] the principle to program Norflash with flash loader

Now I want to program .bin to external Norflash with jflash, I want to create the customized flash loader, and I want to know how the flash loader works? The .bin can be programmed to external Norflash without programing code into the MCU, can you help to explain how the flash loader works?

thanks!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    J-Link supports two programming modes. Direct and indirect.
    wiki.segger.com/Programming_External_SPI_Flashes

If you want to do direct programming, all you have to do is to wire the SPI Flash to the J-Link debug interface as documented and you are good to go.
    The following Flashes will work automatically:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…es/supported-spi-flashes/

Other similar Flashes can be added manually using J-Flash SPI:

segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/j-flash-spi/

If you want to do indirect programming via the MCU QSPI Flash loader or manually via GPIOs you can use our open Flash loader interface and create your own Flash loader:

wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader#Open_Flashloader

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • HI Nino
    Thanks for your comments. can you help to explain the meaning of "RAMCode"? I can create a Template_CortexM.elf with SEGGer Embedded Studio, if is the .elf the "RAMCode"? If so, can you help to provide a demo to program QSPI flash? Such as ST_STM32F469I_Disco_QSPI.elf source code. I noticed that SEGGER can support it default.
  • Hello,

Allen wrote:

I can create a Template_CortexM.elf with SEGGer Embedded Studio, if is the .elf the "RAMCode"?
    Yes the resulting application is the RAMCode.

Regarding the demo project for the STM32F469_Discovery board, please note that we can't share this sources in public. But you can request this via our support system. Simply open a ticket in the J-Link support group requesting the sources.

How to open a ticket is explained in my signature.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Our support system works via e-mail on the customer side. On Monday my colleague Sebastian gave you an answer on your ticket. We received no bounce message from your mail server so the message should have received your inbox.
    We recommend to check your spam folder. If you can't find the e-mail from our @segger.com domain we recommend to get in contact with your IT department about the missing e-mails.

Best regards,
    Nino