[SOLVED] About the on-board debug solution on Cypress(Spansion) S6E2CC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] About the on-board debug solution on Cypress(Spansion) S6E2CC

Hello Mr./Mrs.,

My name is Tsung-Ming, Shen. I am a user for using Spansion S6E2CC on SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM.
    I followed the guide on your website:
    studio.segger.com/packages/ind…packages/ses_doc_home.htm
    and
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander
    but the troubleshooting seems not to work on my situation, and I cannot find anyone who has the same problem before on the internet.
    [/quote][img]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=b6a33cebc0&attid=0.0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1671639202182056200&th=1732daff66adc908&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_sihm52QhcVP3tDIHJTCLJSqcSY-a7aWWMnCsj3mB29O4K_gXiCQeFuG_ktjq1o0wHd6BXg9plnUNC2xx-8XjmVa9JO7Dsag9WzbeXrhAWgI9wfEMcLkpZMbU&disp=emb[/img]

I followed the FAQ and check the windows device manager. I cannot find the J-link device(maybe because my device is just supported but not really a J-link device)
    [img]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=b6a33cebc0&attid=0.0.1.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1671639202182056200&th=1732daff66adc908&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_NujNWPgj94dUySPdL0cqubYujV8Na5P4o1nWmDSh8QcGpUUkseMJGpzPOsNVqJudChYBX46Cp_J9DscjRLC-NkxfwmKxFAX0h3fgHywoU7NGh2BzSghiODEI&disp=emb[/img]

On Windows device manager is called CMSIS-DAP Spansion Virtual Communications Port.
    Thus, the FAQ method seems not working for me.
    I tried the following website:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…links/j-link-ob-spansion/
    because my board(SK-FM4-176L-S6E2CC) is also on the supported list.
    I follow the instructions only My Hex file is not called J-link OB...srec.
    I can not find such a file in my CD only SK-176-s6e2ccTestCode-V12.srec.
    I'm not sure where the problem is and how to solve it.
    I tried everything I can do but still not work.
    Could you kindly help me to teach me how to solve this problem?
    [/quote]
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    It appears the guide is a bit outdated. I assume you are stuck at the part which says to install J-Link drivers with COM support.
    Just download and install the latest J-Link software and you should be good to go:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/

Should that still not work please note that we do not provide any support for the conversion to J-Link as stated in the guide.

As the Spansion Board you are using features a 9-pin debug header for external debug probes we recommend getting a proper J-Link + Adapter.
    If you are using this setup for educational purposes you can use a J-Link EDU or J-Link EDU Mini:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/j-link-edu/

segger.com/products/debug-prob…k/models/j-link-edu-mini/

For commercial usage at least a J-Link Base is required.

When using the full size J-Link with the 9-pin interface the following adapter is needed:

segger.com/products/debug-prob…s/9-pin-cortex-m-adapter/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I checked my J-link driver, it's the latest.

I am not really sure the meaning of "we do not provide any support for the conversion to J-Link as stated in the guide.", so you means the board Cypress(spansion) S6E2CC can not directly develop on Segger Studio?

And my board is using a USB cable (A/micro-B) to connect the computer, so you means if I want to use Segger studio, I have to use 9-pins debug header with J-link EDU or EDU Mini?

Thanks for answering my question! It's help a lot! Thanks

Best Regards,
    Tsung-ming
  • Hello,

Tsungming wrote:

I am not really sure the meaning of "we do not provide any support for the conversion to J-Link as stated in the guide.", so you means the board Cypress(spansion) S6E2CC can not directly develop on Segger Studio?
    No, it just means that if you run into some issue with the guide we are not allowed to provide support for it.

Tsungming wrote:

And my board is using a USB cable (A/micro-B) to connect the computer, so you means if I want to use Segger studio, I have to use 9-pins debug header with J-link EDU or EDU Mini?
    Yes.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.