[SOLVED] Ozone v3.20b not stopping at main()

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone v3.20b not stopping at main()

Hello,

I installed the latest version of Ozone v3.20b for the Mac. Now when I load a project the debugger does not start at main() of the program. However it does stop at a class method that is also called main.

void HdwTestTask::main(void)

Do I need to specify main as ::main in the preferences for a C++ program?

Thanks
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Sounds like Ozone sets the initial breakpoint on the first mention of main() in the elf file.
    We would like to look into this and improve Ozone if possible.
    Could you provide the elf file for reference?

As a workaround you can set the initial breakpoint symbol in Ozone under Tools->System Variables->VAR_BREAK_AT_THIS_SYMBOL

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

1. Where would I upload the elf file?

2. I tried modifying the VAR_BREAK_AT_THIS_SYMBOL variable. It was already set to "main". I also assumed that the first mention of main must be used. Considering this is C++ I tried to enter "::main" but this did not work.

Thanks
  • Hello,

Ok thank you for verifying.
    You can either attach the elf file here in the forum, or if the data is confidential simply open a support ticket where you attach the elf file and reference this forum post:
    segger.com/ticket/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.