[SOLVED] Timer0 Interrupt not simulating for Simulation in IAR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Timer0 Interrupt not simulating for Simulation in IAR

Hi All,

I am trying to simulate Rx130 core on IAR Workbench which is having embOs.
    When I am trying to force interrupt its not triggering SystTickISR.
    When ever I run code in simulator mode , after one time run throught threads its getting stuck at OS_Idle.

Windows 10
    Embedded Workbench 7.4
    IAR WorkBench for Renesas Rx :- 2.90.1
    OS version: 4.24

CODE :-

#pragma vector = IR_CMT0_CMI0
    __interrupt void InterruptVector__CMT0(void)
    {
    OS_EnterNestableInterrupt();
    __enable_interrupt();
    OS_TICK_Handle();
    OS_LeaveNestableInterrupt();
    }

in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.4\rx\config\debugger\ior5f51306b.ddf

;; Format 1: <id> <type> <vector> <prio> <enable> <request> <destination>
    Interrupt1 = IR_CMT0_CMI0 1 28 ICU.IPR[4](CMT0,CMI0) ICU.IER03.IEN4(CMT0,CMI0) ICU.IR[28](CMT0,CMI0)

Thank you in advance.
  • Hi Bhu,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be aware, however, that interrupt simulation with IAR's Embedded Workbench is not covered by the embOS support, but would need to be discussed with IAR instead.
    Hence I'm afraid I can be of limited help on this only. Still, please consider the following:

embOS 4.24 for RX and IAR (as well as later versions) includes a dedicated IAR simulator project at {ROOT_DIR}\Start\BoardSupport\IAR_Simulator\.
    That project comes with specific macro file to simulate the SysTick interrupt (CSpy_Sim.mac inside the Setup\ folder) and is working flawlessly for us.

Hence, may I ask whether you had use that project for your simulation as well? Or did you create a new project from scratch?
    In the latter case, we'd suggest using the macro file that was provided with our project as a template for yours.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.