[SOLVED] Systemview license requirement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Systemview license requirement

We are currently investigating whether System View is a good tool for debugging Nordic chips. I just started using Segger System View and am currently evaluating the product. Our company would like to continue using the product, but we have not finished our evaluation yet. If we do decide to go forward, I saw Segger System View is listed as free here website (segger.com/free-utilities/), but once downloaded it still listed as needing a license for commercial use. Additionally, there are places where System View is listed as free, but System View Pro is listed with license cost though I do not see any links to download just System View(Not the systemview Pro).
    Also we saw that Embedded Studio is free when used with Nordic chips. Does the Embedded Studio license also allow use of System View/Systemview Pro free commercially?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    SystemView PRO may only be used commercially with a PRO license that has to be bought. There are currently also no deals in place with silicon vendors like it e.g. is for Embedded Studio.
    In the past there were two versions of SystemView.
    A free version with a limited featureset and the PRO version. This was up until version number V2.52d.
    So up to V2.52d you may also use the free variant commercially which you can also find in the download section.

However since V3.10 there is only a PRO version remaining that works multiplatform and comes with new features. As this was a big leap forward there is now only one PRO version for all our users that can be used for free for non-commercial purposes and for evaluation.
    But for commercial purposes a license is now mandatory since V3.10.

I hope this explains the current licensing conditions. Some parts of the website are not very accurate and do not reflect this license change. This will of course be improved.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.