[SOLVED] cmd line without message boxes possible ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] cmd line without message boxes possible ?

Hello,

I have been using the J-Link mainly with MCUXpresso but now tring to create a simple bat file that i call from SW4STM32 to re-flash a ST chip.
    I usually invoke this with function key. As i do this hundreds of times per day during development, i need this to be as background as possible.

But whatever i tried it always pops up some weird message boxes that i have to click, on enter details. I am bit lost at this point, is there a
    tool in the installed JLink package that actually is pure cmd line executable that can be called, similar as STLink and Cube programmer by ST ?

Yes, i can use the STLink perfectly, but wanted to see if JLink is suited for ST development, seems bit faster on flashing, also if not mistaken
    was promising 100 Mbps streaming on the SWO pin, i would love that.

Also i possibly need the SWO viewer to stay connected while re-flashing without pressing Open/Close, is that possible ? All this i prefer to be
    fairly standalone, not integrated in some IDE. Thank you!

K.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Which pop-up do you refer to exactly? Could you provide a screenshot of it?
    What is the J-Link serial number you are currently using?

M0NKA wrote:

Yes, i can use the STLink perfectly, but wanted to see if JLink is suited for ST development, seems bit faster on flashing, also if not mistaken
    was promising 100 Mbps streaming on the SWO pin, i would love that.
    Depends on the probe you are using but yes one of the biggest benefits of J-Link is that our flash loaders work highly optimized and usually at the physical limit of the targets Flash controller which is especially important during production.
    With J-Link you also get exclusive features like Flash Breakpoints and access to SEGGER RTT, debug interface speed of up to 50 MHz and access to the widest range of Embedded debug tools from SEGGER directly or one of our many third party partners that have implemented native J-Link support.
    With J-Link you also get native support for more than 10000 different target devices from different silicon vendors and different architectures e.g. Arm, Renesas RX and RISC-V just to name a few.
    And much much more:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/

M0NKA wrote:

Also i possibly need the SWO viewer to stay connected while re-flashing without pressing Open/Close, is that possible ? All this i prefer to be
    fairly standalone, not integrated in some IDE. Thank you!
    This is not possible as reflashing resets the target which also resets the Arm SWO init that the SWO viewer executed.

Did you know you can also write your own tools that interface directly with J-Link like the JLinkSWOViewer, J-Flash, IDEs, debuggers etc. using our J-Link SDK?
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/
    All our own and third party tools use this SDK API to utilize all the features J-Link provides.
    Just an extra info should you consider creating your own custom tools for J-Link.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.