[SOLVED] Ozone stuck on "resetting device"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

there have been done some changes regarding this issue for V3.20d and I have not been able to reproduce the problem with that version yet.

Could you try that version and see if that fixes the issue for you?

Cheers
  • Hello guys,

Yes the issue is not resolved yet. We are still looking for a reliable reproducer.
    If you have such please contact us via the contact possibilities in my signature.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Just another day at work...

Closing Ozone via task manager is taking too much time so I use cmd instead.

Seriously I can reproduce this all day and on several machines (with varying error rates, my main PC being the worst). Ask me anything!

I'm seriously suspecting the severity varies based on the exact j-link hardware used. We have a J-trace at the office that I don't think I've seen it on. Meanwhile the j-link on-board that I use at home is awful for this. I'll try to test this theory.
  • @Zeke: thanks for the command. ;) ... Just curious though. What version are you running? For me, since V3.20d this behaviour has dropped quite a lot in frequency ... but now the timeline freezes reproducibly after about one minute or two (support ticket is open and being worked on), which can be unfrozen without killing the application. ... Can you see this in newer versions as well? I suspect the issues are related.

In general, I am glad that I am currently not in a big debugging phase at work but doing infrastructure and build system stuff. In Ozone's current state, I would probably downgrade to some version prior to 3.10 or go back to CubeIDE if I needed to get back to serious debugging.

My boss always says: "let's put some more pressure on the pipes there".
    I reported the problem in January. Since then I was able to reproduce this on several dev machines, several boards (also eval boards), several operating systems and several Ozone versions. SEGGER support was also able to reproduce this but apperently, identifying the exact cause it still pretty hard. I can understand that. I am hunting a seemingly random crash in one of my application for months now and still no luck. So, this is not criticising the developers. ... At some point though, with more people seeing the problem and still no final fix being on the horizon, it might be a good idea to set out a few more people debugging this. For nine months there has not been a version that was usable for longer debugging sessions for me. I wonder what I am doing "wrong" because I cannot imaging the number of people being hit by this problem being too big. So it probably hits just a few people but there it hits hard. :(

Cheers
  • Hello,

EDIT: The issue should be fixed with Ozone V3.22c.

Yes, the issue is not fixed yet and it is still being worked on.
    As it is at a timing related issue the setup specifics are crucial and it is why it is extremely difficult to reproduce for our developer team as we do not have the exact same host PC with the same hardware and software running like you who are able to reproduce the behaviour.
    So far the appearance of the bug was also completely random and unfortunately not a single user could provide a reliable reproducer that triggers the issue each time which makes this near impossible to debug.

If you guys do have a reliable reproducer (reliable = reproducible each time after x,y,z has happened) then please open a support ticket via the following link and add the following additional data about your setup.
    segger.com/support/technical-support/

- Exact reproduction steps that lead to the issue
    - Host PC information (make/modell, exact CPU name)
    - Host OS
    - 32bit or 64 bit Ozone?
    - Exact target device name
    - Custom board or eval board? If custom board, please check if it is reproducible on an eval board. Which eval board did you use exactly?
    - Example project that runs out of the box with Ozone and the mentioned eval board

As soon as the bug is fixed I will update this thread.
    You will also receive a notification if you are subscribed to the Ozone newsletter:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=178,7

If you do not see the bug fix in the release notes, it is not fixed yet!

This thread will be closed now to avoid derailing of the topic. If you can provide the reproducer mentioned above please contact us in the support system.
    Everyone else we ask to be patient and wait until this issue is resolved.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.