[SOLVED] Memory usage windows and data (load) sections

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Memory usage windows and data (load) sections

Good morning

Im using the SES for development, and I have trouble with the memory usage window. It does not display the ROM section used for initialized data n the ROM memory. My linker script is as follows:

.data : AT (__data_load_start)
    {
    . = ALIGN(4);
    __data_start = .;

*(.data .data.*)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.d.*)
    __global_pointer$ = . + 0x800;
    *(.sdata .sdata.*)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.s.*)

. = ALIGN(4);
    __data_end = .;

} > REGION_DATA

I am expecting to see an area of the ROM memory used for load data (in other projects it comes out as for example (.data (load image)). The data is in the output elf file, and it gets properly initialized, but it is not counted towards the amount of ROM used in the program. I am able to exceed existing ROM area without getting any warning from the linker.

What are the symbols that the memory usage window uses to detect the sections?

In my map file:

.data 0x000000002fbf0000 0x8 load address 0x000000002f8002a0
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Please note that this forum is no support forum. As you are working for one of our silicon vendor partners we recommend to contact us via our support system. For more information see my signature.

When opening the inquiry could you also add information on which linker you are using for your setup and what target device.
    Could you also add an example project for reference that shows the reported behaviour?

This thread will be closed now to avoid duplicate information and we will continue this case once you have opened the support ticket.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.