[SOLVED] failed to create customized flash loader

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] failed to create customized flash loader

J-link community,
    I followed wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader to create a customized flash loader. The SOC is nearly same as the SiFive FE310, except the RAM/Flash address are different.
    QSPI flash controller address: 0x15000
    QSPI flash XIP address: 0x20000

Attached is my project for the flash loader. In the debug configuration, I can see the flash content are correctly loaded. But when I create the Release version and try it, I got the error:
    ======================
    J-Link>r
    Reset delay: 0 ms
    Reset type Normal: Resets core & peripherals using <ndmreset> bit in <dmcontrol> debug register.
    RISC-V: Performing reset via <ndmreset>
    J-Link>loadfile D:/source/n100-sdk/software/hello_world/hello_world.hex
    Downloading file [D:/source/n100-sdk/software/hello_world/hello_world.hex]...
    Unspecified error -1
    J-Link>erase
    Erasing device...
    Erasing done.
    J-Link>loadfile D:/source/n100-sdk/software/hello_world/hello_world.hex
    Downloading file [D:/source/n100-sdk/software/hello_world/hello_world.hex]...
    Unspecified error -1
    ======================
    when I follow the "Troubleshoot" on the same page, by excluding codes related to flash operation, J-link commander will exit automatically when connect the target.

It is my first time to write a flash loader. There may be some something wrong with my understanding.

BR
    /Li
    Files
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Please understand that we at SEGGER do not provide unpaid support for the open flashloader, especially for, reviewing flashloaders.

If you would still need this to be reviewed or want us to provide you with a custom made flashloader, please contact us via our support ticket system,
    and we can provide you with an official quote for this service.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.