[SOLVED] How to collect continuous data from target through RTTLogger?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to collect continuous data from target through RTTLogger?

I am trying to collect a bunch of data from my target through RTTLogger. But since my BUFFER_UP_SIZE if 8192, I am able to receive only 8192 bytes. Is there a method to collect N number of data without depending on the BUFFER_UP_SIZE through RTTLogger?
    Note: I am sending data using SEGGER_RTT_printf and SEGGER_RTT_WriteString.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    I am not sure if I understand you correctly.
    The data that can be transmitted is not limited to BUFFER_UP_SIZE since all RTT buffers are ring buffers.
    All data retrieved by J-Link will be marked as free space again.

The RTT Logger is retrieving all data sent by the target until the user shuts down the connection.
    It is therefore also not limited to the BUFFER_UP_SIZE.

It is most likely that if you only receive 8192 bytes of data, your target application did not try to write more data.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your reply.

I just found I have "SEGGER_RTT_MODE_DEFAULT" value set to SEGGER_RTT_MODE_NO_BLOCK_SKIP. Hence I was getting 8192 bytes alone. When I changed it to SEGGER_RTT_MODE_BLOCK_IF_FIFO_FULL, I started to receive all the data from target.
  • Hi,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

We will consider this thread as closed now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.