[SOLVED] J-Flash Choose Programming wrong file then when connect the program to MCU will show "Could not find core in Coresight setup" MK70FN1M0XXX15

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Flash Choose Programming wrong file then when connect the program to MCU will show "Could not find core in Coresight setup" MK70FN1M0XXX15

Hello,

I'm a new for a J-Link device and J-Flash.
    Originally I have a programming file (.bin file) for my controller board included MCU : MK70FN1M0XXX15.
    then when I use this programming file (.bin file) for my controller board it look working.
    when connect via mini USB it will show the MSD. but it doesn't read some of the firmware that my customer giving to me (when drag and drop to MSD).
    after that I try to learn and found something about OpenSDA as link >>> segger.com/products/debug-prob…r-j-links/opensda-sda-v2/
    and I've try to do follow this instruction but while I'll programming the controller board again, I've choose the wrong file that is OpenSDA_V2.bin then click programming to the controller board.
    and after that the J-Flash software never connect with the controller board.
    and I've try to use J-Link commander for unlock kinetis and erase but it still show the message like below.

"Found SWD-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
    Unlocking device...Unlock via debug port is disabled. Unlock failed.
    Timeout while unlocking device."

and when I've try to use J-flash when click on connect button it will show the error below.
    can someone help for guideline or how can reset this MCU to default or hard reset?

Application log started
    - J-Flash V6.80b (J-Flash compiled Jun 5 2020 17:40:47)
    - JLinkARM.dll V6.80b (DLL compiled Jun 5 2020 17:40:22)
    Reading flash device list [C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\ETC/JFlash/Flash.csv] ...
    - List of flash devices read successfully (451 Devices)
    Reading MCU device list ...
    - List of MCU devices read successfully (7772 Devices)
    Opening project file [C:/Users/patsawatk/Desktop/J-Link 8700 Flash File.cfg] ...
    - Project opened successfully
    Opening data file [C:/Users/patsawatk/Desktop/ECDL Programming/8700 Firmware/field firmware updating version/TLM8700_v210.bin] ...
    - Data file opened successfully (327680 bytes, 1 range, CRC of data = 0xA54D7D77, CRC of file = 0xA54D7D77)
    Connecting ...
    - Connecting via USB to probe/ programmer device 0
    - Probe/ Programmer firmware: J-Link V11 compiled Apr 23 2020 16:49:23
    - Device "MK70FN1M0XXX15 (ALLOW SECURITY)" selected.
    - Target interface speed: 4000 kHz (Fixed)
    - VTarget = 3.322V
    - InitTarget()
    - Readout protection is set and mass erase is disabled. J-Link cannot unprotect the device.
    - Found SW-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
    - DPIDR: 0x2BA01477
    - Scanning AP map to find all available APs
    - AP[2]: Stopped AP scan as end of AP map has been reached
    - AP[0]: AHB-AP (IDR: 0x24770011)
    - AP[1]: JTAG-AP (IDR: 0x001C0000)
    - Iterating through AP map to find AHB-AP to use
    - AP[0]: Skipped. Could not read CPUID register
    - AP[1]: Skipped. Not an AHB-AP
    - InitTarget()
    - Readout protection is set and mass erase is disabled. J-Link cannot unprotect the device.
    - Found SW-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
    - DPIDR: 0x2BA01477
    - Scanning AP map to find all available APs
    - AP[2]: Stopped AP scan as end of AP map has been reached
    - AP[0]: AHB-AP (IDR: 0x24770011)
    - AP[1]: JTAG-AP (IDR: 0x001C0000)
    - Iterating through AP map to find AHB-AP to use
    - AP[0]: Skipped. Could not read CPUID register
    - AP[1]: Skipped. Not an AHB-AP
    - ERROR: Could not find core in Coresight setup
    - ERROR: Failed to connect.
    Could not establish a connection to target.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    It seems like the program you downloaded to the device activated read out protection and disabled mass erase:

PatsawatK wrote:

Readout protection is set and mass erase is disabled. J-Link cannot unprotect the device.
    Therefore it is not possible to reset the protection of it.
    I am afraid that your board is unreachable in this state.
    You could contact NXP support and ask them if they have a solution for you, but I doubt that there is a way to recover the board.

That is why we recommend to only select the "(ALLOW SECURITY)" device option, when you actually want to flash the option bytes/security area of the related device.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.