Best way to delete a Framwin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best way to delete a Framwin

Hello everyone
      What is the best way to delete a framwin widget or a window?
      When I use Wm_DeleteWindow(), it works fine in the first call but it results Hardfault in the next calls.

Thank you very much
    • Hi,

you cannot call WM_DeleteWindow() twice on the same window. In fact, you should not call any Window Manager or Widget functions on windows/widgets that have been deleted. Can you send me some code to reproduce this issue?

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • I did not call WM_DeleteWindow() twice on the same window. Based on user interaction a custom message box (framwin) is created and deleted by pressing OK button on the message box. It works well in first creation and deletion, but doing same action i.e, pressing OK button (deleting the window) will cause Hardfault.

Best Regards,

Haia Boosa
    • Hi,

I cannot really tell where the error lies in your application. Again, can you send me code to reproduce the behavior?

Thanks and best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.