[ABANDONED] Cannot connect to J-Link from SES, but J-Link Commander works

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Cannot connect to J-Link from SES, but J-Link Commander works

Hello everyone,

I have done a lot of development work for the nRF52 using gcc and the Linux command line. I never got gdb to work though, and I would love to have access to an interactive debugger. I have just learned about Nordic's licensing agreement with SEGGER. I have downloaded SES for ARM V4.52c. I have J-Link Commander V.6.80b.

I have an nRF52832 DK board attached to my PC by USB. I can connect to the board, and program it using the command-line interface, and transmit data using UART over USB.

According to the SEGGER document I have obtained from Nordic, I should expect to see "Connect J-Link" as the first option in the Target menu in SES. It is not there at all. The only option I have is "Connect Simulator."

Another SES user had this problem last year, and solved it, though he did not say how. One comment advised to check whether J-Link Commander can connect to the nRF52 board using the SWD interface. I have confirmed that is working.

Please help me to troubleshoot my problem. Thanks!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Could you provide a J-Link log file of the failing session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

How did you create the project that you are testing with?
    Did you use the project wizard to set up a new project?
    We recommend using the CPU support package for this:
    segger.com/products/developmen…o/technology/cpu-support/

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.