[SOLVED] Ozone - Path to SVD file not updated on update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone - Path to SVD file not updated on update

Hi,

.jdebug files are created with an entry containing an absolute path in it.

Project.AddSvdFile ("C:/Program Files/SEGGER/Ozone V3.10j/Config/CPU/Cortex-M4F.svd");

When I now install Ozone v3.20a and remove v3.10j and then open the .jdebug file in the newer Ozone, the path is invalid but I do not get an error message.
    When I then save the file with File -> Save project as... the path is not updated, so it remains invalid.

Maybe it is better to use a runtime variable to determine the position of the ozone executable and go from there.

Using paths relative to the .jdebug file when it comes to the debugee exe file, might also be a good idea. That way, a debugging project file could work on different computers.

Cheers
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

icwiener wrote:

When I now install Ozone v3.20a and remove v3.10j and then open the .jdebug file in the newer Ozone, the path is invalid but I do not get an error message.
    We will add this to the improvements list for Ozone.

icwiener wrote:

When I then save the file with File -> Save project as... the path is not updated, so it remains invalid.
    This is expected as the path is set only once during project creation via the project wizard.

icwiener wrote:

Using paths relative to the .jdebug file when it comes to the debugee exe file, might also be a good idea. That way, a debugging project file could work on different computers.
    That was the default and is the default again for V3.20 and later. So it does not only work on different computers but on different Ozone versions as well.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

looking at v3.20a I can see that
    1) the install path is not versioned anymore and
    2) the SVD path in the .jdebug file uses a variable.

So, I guess that should fix the SVD path problem. (Not sure if there was a real problem though since I did not see any negative effects of the path being invalid)

The project path, however, is still an absolute path.
    Project.AddPathSubstitute ("C:/path/to/project", "$(ProjectDir)");

Is this still planned for the future or made absolute on purpose?

Cheers
  • Hello,

icwiener wrote:

Is this still planned for the future or made absolute on purpose?
    This is on purpose, but the reason is not Ozone. Rather the compilers output debug information in absolute paths usually.
    Ozone only works with the output file so if you move your elf file in your file system around without rebuilding the application, the paths will become incorrect and Ozone can no longer reference the source files to the code.
    That is on of the reasons why Project.AddPathSubstitute exists so such projects with absolute paths can be made portable.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.