[SOLVED] A way to issue gdb commands to target through console

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] A way to issue gdb commands to target through console

Hi,
    I am debugging stm32f723ze. Something goes wrong when multithreading is enable in my code and I lost control of the program. I want to check if my stack is intact or not. In eclipse, there used to be a way to test it my issuing gdb commands through console. Is there something similar in ozone?

Thanks,
    AQ
  • Hello AQ,

Thank you for your inquriy.
    Ozone offers all GUI commands also via console commands.
    For more information see the Ozone user manual chapter Action Tables and User Actions.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks Nino for the reply.

I am not talking about usual setting breakpoints etc. I understand that Ozone offers commands that can help me set breakpoints and step through the code via command line.
    I am talking about gdb commands support so that I can run gdb scripts like this:

set $tp = my_global_variable
    while $tp != XYZ
    printf "%d, %s, ", $another_variable, $my_string
    end

Does that help explain my query?

Thanks,
    AQ
  • Hi AQ,

yes, I understood you the first time around.
    Ozone offers a scripting interface for that. In this case you would use conditional breakpoints. You can do that either via the GUI, automatically in the Ozone project script, or manually in the Ozone Console window if you do not like to use the GUI.

An example on how use user actions automated is shown here:
    wiki.segger.com/Automated_Tests_with_Ozone#Debug_example

For more information see the Ozone reference manual.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.