[SOLVED] Ozone window views geometry lost when dragging window to another screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone window views geometry lost when dragging window to another screen

Hi,

when I drag the Ozone window from one screen (fullscreen) to another screen's top edge (making it fullscreen again), the window's view panen have all lost their sizes and need to be adjusted manually.
    Both screens have the same resolution.

While dragging the window is shown smaller but the view pane sizes should not be remembered by the application during the dragging stage. Only save it when the window is dropped again.

Cheers
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Does this issue appear with the latest Ozone version as well?
    If yes which host OS are you running Ozone on?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I just gave it a quick try with a 2k and 4k display where the 4k display is the secondary on a Win10 machine with Ozone V3.20c and everything was working as expected.
    Is this still reproducible for you?
    If yes could you provide a screenshot of the windows before and after the move?
    What screen resolutions do both your screens have?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

to reproduce this, I do not even have to drag the window. Just have it maximised, then press the "restore" button (the button in the middle of the three buttons in the upper left, the one that becomes the maximise button) and then press the same button again (now being the maximise button). Make sure that the "restored" size of the window is quite small.

Here are the screenshots:

Maximised before:

Restored (this is also the size the window is shown when dragged):

After maximising again:

Edit: The screen resolution is 1920x1080 on both screens with a scaling of 100%.

Cheers

The post was edited 1 time, last by icwiener ().

• Hi,

OK I see. Unfortunately this behaviour is not reproducible for us. Both window layouts maximized, and windowed are restoring correctly for me.
    Could you try the following?
    - Close Ozone
    - Delete the .user file from the project folder
    - Reopen Ozone

Do you still see this behaviour?

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi,

after closing Ozone and deleting the .jdebug.user file, Ozone startet with the same pane sizes as it had before. Restoring and maximising it again still changed the pane sizes.

Weird that is does that for me but not for you. Other applications (like STM32CubeIDE) do not change their "maximised" layout when changed in size while dragging. So it's not a general problem on my box.

Any more ideas?

Cheers
  • I also have this issue. It's been an issue in Ozone for a long time and incredibly easy to reproduce.

It occurs when the non-maximised window is small enough to push the panels in Ozone.

Reproduction steps:
    Open ozone
    Make sure it's not maximised, but make it large enough that it can be smaller
    Make sure the panels are not at their minimum size (expand them)
    Resize the whole ozone window as small as possible
    Resize Ozone to be the same size as initially
    Observe that all the panels have been pushed back to the minimum size <---- this is the issue!

I tested one application that behaved the same (with panel sizing): Visual Studio Code. The difference is that Ozone has this tendency to go to minimum size when you move it from one screen to another. However, I can't reproduce this right now.
    I tested another application that did not behave the same: Qt Creator. This IDE remembers the size of the panels from before resizing the window.
  • Hi,

Thank you for providing additional information.
    We were able to reproduce the behaviour now and this behaviour will be fixed/improved.

Best regards,
    Nino