[SOLVED]SAM-ICE "target system has no power"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]SAM-ICE "target system has no power"

Hello,

I'm using JLink V4.22a and IAR Workbench5.4 to flash and debug a SAM7SE512 target. Everthing works fine except an annoying message box with the message "target system has no power". After confirming a few times the system works again. Often this messagebox appears when executing a Reset in the debugger.

JLink Control Panel shows a core voltage between 1.62V ... 1.75V.

Is it possible to suppress this voltage monitoring?

What are the voltage limits?

In which way can I adjust them?

btw: the same hardware with IAR4 does not show this problem.

Thanks a lot for any help
  • Hi,

we have fixed a related problem in the J-Link firmware,
    so this fix should also solve your problem.
    There will be a new patched release version later today, in which this problem has been fixed.

Which J-Link/SAM-ICE hardware version do you use?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Joachim,

We have built a patched release version (V4.22f) of the J-Link software & documentation package in which this problem has been solved.
    Could you please give it a try and provide some feedback?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • works fine!

Hi Alex,

I just tried the new 4.22f and and it works fine - no more sporadic error messages saying "target system has no power". Thanks alot for this quick and helpful solution.

greetings

Joachim