[SOLVED]Could not power up debug port: Control/Status register reads 00000010

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Could not power up debug port: Control/Status register reads 00000010

Hello,

I'm using iar and segger j-link edu to debug an self build board with MCu LM3S838. the worked tell yesterday.

today the following error appears in the jlink.exe

WARNING: Identified core does not match configuration. (Found: None, Configured:
    Cortex-M3)

****** Error: Could not power up debug port: Control/Status register reads 00000
    0F0
    No devices found on JTAG chain. Trying to find device on SWD.
    Info: Found SWD-DP with ID 0x1BA01477
    Info: Found SWD-DP with ID 0x1BA01477

WARNING: CPU core not found.
    No device found on SWD.
    Did not find any core.
    Info: TotalIRLen = 4, IRPrint = 0x01
    I have disconnect the J-link and disable the power of may board, restart my pc. always the same problem.

when I debug i controlled the segger j-link control panel . So in the Settings tab : log file=> shows: Not specified.

in iar the following pop-up window appears:

Could not power up debug port: Control/Status register reads 00000010

if I click retry

the following pop-up window appears

Driver

Failed to read CPUID for Cortex device

after sometime trying

the following pop-up window appear

J-link

failed to get CPU status after 4 retries

please help me to solve this problem

best regards

newuser
  • Hello newuser,

Did you program an application into the internal flash which makes use of low-power modes of the LM3S838?
    Since you wrote it worked the day before so what was the last action performed before it stopped working?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I'm having a similar problem with a NXP LPC1114 Cortex-M0 target. I shut off the PLL in the init code without understanding that that can cause it to be unreachable from J-Link :( . Is there any way to unbrick it? I can borrow a Keil ULink if that would be able to erase the chip where J-Link can't? Thanks.
  • Hello Road Ranger,

if your init code disables the PLL as one of the first things after power-on, this should not hurt,
    since the LPC1114 starts up with the internal RC oscillator as clock source for main clock (which feds all other clocks).

Nevertheless, is there some delay or anything else before the "shutdown" is done
    which could give J-Link a chance to connect to the device before the init is performed?

Unfortunately, connect under reset does not work for NXP LPC Cortex-M0 devices, so we can not connect to the core and halt it while reset is active.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Actually I was using the "Configuration Wizard" in the Keil MDK with the file:

system_LPC11xx.c
    * @brief CMSIS Cortex-M0 Device Peripheral Access Layer Source File
    * for the NXP LPC11xx Device Series
    * @version V1.00
    * @date 17. November 2009

I merely unchecked "Use System PLL" as it was my intention to try to run on the RC. The actual startup code seems to be in a .lib (or is in a ROM area?) and I haven't found the sources yet.

I had not worried about understanding the system as I assumed that any programming error could be recovered from but it seems not :( . I think maybe there is a pin on the processor that when pulled low will prevent the user application from running and instead run another area of ROM or Flash? Another M0 dev board I have (CoLinkEx) seems to have that and perhaps that will work on this other dev board - I will investigate.

Thanks for the reply :) !
  • Hey, it pays to RTFM sometimes ;) .

Turns out the LPC1114 boots from a 16KB ROM at 0x1FFF0000 and if you pull PIO0_1 low during boot it will run it's ISP UART code instead of jumping to the flash so I did that and was able to unbrick my little dev board :) .