[SOLVED] Method to insert #define(s) into project configuration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Method to insert #define(s) into project configuration

Hi,

Is there a means to create define type header inserts via the config?

I ask because I've developed for a NRF52832 but need to target a NRF52810 with less memory. To do so I need to turn various options from the NRF SDK off such as LOG_ENABLED. To do so I've created a third option alongside 'release' and 'debug' and I'm wondering how to differentiate. I tried in the preprocessor but had no joy.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Images
    • Screenshot_2020-05-28_11-00-48.png

11.49 kB, 369×90, viewed 252 times
    • Screenshot_2020-05-28_11-13-13.png

137.79 kB, 926×673, viewed 437 times
  • Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Generally when moving from one target device to another we recommend setting a project up from scratch to avoid "forgetting" something when moving from one target to another.

Anyhow the approach you chose should be working. In project settings you can pick if you want to set certain settings for private or public configurations.
    I assume your new public configuration also inherits its settings from the private Common configuration. So make sure this option is not already defined in the Common configuration as you can't override this by redefining it in the public configuration.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.