[SOLVED] Is it possible to try out different versions of JTrace firmware (including downgrade)?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Is it possible to try out different versions of JTrace firmware (including downgrade)?

Is it somehow possible to flash and try different JTrace firmware versions, including older ones?

The reason I am asking is that I've seen fairly crazy ad-hoc-soldered designs from other people (like this: pbs.twimg.com/media/ETkKGnZXYAA5ZQV.jpg ) that worked with ETM trace on older firmware, but just when I use a bit longer cable with the reference board, the whole thing falls apart (the infamous LTRACE error)

My current FW version is Firmware: J-Trace PRO V2 Cortex-M compiled Jan 7 2020 16:54:03

If so, what utility on linux should I use and where to find the images? Also is there some backup in case of bad flash (double image or so)?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

In theory this can be achieved using the J-Link Configurator.
    But we do not recommend it.
    It is highly probable that this works just by chance with other versions.

If you get Trace errors that are related to cable length, like the LTRACE error, this is normally a bad signal/timing issue.
    To adjust to this, you can configure delays when using J-Trace.
    Please find further information about this here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…race-timing-configuration

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.