[SOLVED] SWO incorrect decoding

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SWO incorrect decoding

Hi there,

I am using ITM to generate some information about software execution. Using Jlink SDK, everything works pretty well except that occasionally some packets are incorrectly decoded, resulting wrong data or unknown packets. It turned out the problem is not caused by the bandwidth limit, because when I decreased the SWO frequency (obtained from the compatible list), it works equally fine. I also make sure that the target ITM buffer is available before sending any ITM data. So overflow should not be possible (and no overflow packets was detected either).

What are possible reasons for this? And is there any solutions? Thanks!
  • I found nowhere talking about parity checking in the SWO protocol. Also, I ran the swostability unity shipped with JLink Commander and it encountered numerous errors too. So I suppose it will just happen and no straightforward solutions here?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We received your inquiry in parallel via our support system and will answer you there.
    This thread will be closed now to avoid lost information.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.