[SOLVED] How to close RTTLogger log file automatically based on the Transfer Rate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to close RTTLogger log file automatically based on the Transfer Rate

I have a batch file in which I connect to my target and program it using Jlink. After that I open RTTLogger and start logging the data from the target from the same batch file. Now once all the data has been received from the target, the command line waits for the user to press any key to close the file and exit.
    Is there any command to close the log file automatically and exit RTTLogger once the transfer rate becomes 0?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    There is no such command available for the J-Link RTT Logger.
    If you require such a feature, you could buy the J-Link SDK and implement it yourself.
    The J-Link SDK comes with the source code of the J-Link RTT Logger, so it would be quite easy to achieve what you want that way.
    For more information about the J-Link SDK, please refer to this page:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Alternatively, you could write your own application receiving the RTT data from the TELNET channel (localhost:19021) while an active connection is established (e.g. via J-Link Commander).
    For further information about this, please refer to the RTT article in our Wiki or the J-Link User Manual (UM08001).

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.