Separate color for separate row listbox

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Separate color for separate row listbox

Hello,

I wanted to implement the design similar to attached image.

I tried to implement this using listbox widget but I am unable to set separate color for each row similar attached image.

Could you please let me know that is it possible/alternative way to add separate color for separate row in the list?

Thanks,
      Vikram
      Images
      • listbox_color_issue.png

4.91 kB, 459×174, viewed 77 times
    • Hi,

you can do that by setting an owner draw function to the widget and doing the drawing yourself. Have a look at this sample.

Unfortunately, there is no WIDGET_ITEM_DRAW_BACKGROUND command, only a WIDGET_ITEM_DRAW command, which means you have to draw each item completely (background, text, ...).

When drawing the item in the WIDGET_ITEM_DRAW case, you can set the background color based on the current item index. The current item index is stored in pDrawItemInfo->ItemIndex.

Best regards,

Florian
    • Hello,

I don't mean that.

I wanted to say that if i use multiple button widgets one below another and will set different background color one by another as shown in the image.
      (Here I will not use listbox/listview buttons). I think this will not be possible to scroll the normal button widgets.so, I may need to change the requirement.

Thanks,
      Vikram

The post was edited 2 times, last by vikramtathe ().

• Hello,

I am referring "WIDGET_ListBoxOwnerDraw.c" sample example code.

As image attached in the first post, I can able to draw alternate colors to rows in the listbox.

I tried to adjust the row height for the listbox using LISTBOX_SetItemSpacing(hListBox, 31) but I am unable to achieve this.

Could you please look at the source code and let me know how to adjust the row height?

About scrolling, consider the scenario that 6 rows are in the list box and I have added 10 itens in the listbox. I have tried the scroll down by calling LISTBOX_IncSel() in the button callback(Not using scrollbar). Here in this case what happen when I click 6 times on button then only I get the scrolling effect. Is it possible to add offset index in the LISTBOX_IncSel() so that I can get scroll effect in one click.

Thanks,
      Vikram
      Files
      • Main.txt

(9.03 kB, downloaded 78 times, last: )
    • Hi,

the item spacing you set is not considered because of the WIDGET_ITEM_GET_YSIZE case in the owner draw function. With your method you overwrite the y-size of an item, but without adding the item spacing.

When removing the WIDGET_ITEM_GET_XSIZE and WIDGET_ITEM_GET_YSIZE cases, the spacing seems correct.

LISTBOX_IncSel() increments the selection by one. You would have to increment the selection by 6 in one go so that the widget would scroll by one element. You can do that using LISTBOX_SetSel() and LISTBOX_GetSel().

Best regards,

Florian