[SOLVED] FreeRTOS thread awareness for Nordic nRF52840 based on Arm Cortex M4F

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] FreeRTOS thread awareness for Nordic nRF52840 based on Arm Cortex M4F

Hello,

I attempted to make SES thread aware by following various support threads in this forum but unfortunately the SES just doesn't show any threads - is there any way to debug the plugin's Javascript file please?

I have tried with 2 separate set of FreeRTOS plugins for ARM cm4f - please find attached. (I have changed the extension of the files to .txt from .js)

Unfortunately we are blocked in our development due to this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
    Shrey
    Files
  • me too

I don't think it's your script. I have my script running on two different machines (with 2 different versions of SES). The older one (SES 4.16a) works fine, but the newer one (SES 4.52a) only shows "No selected context." My co-worker's machine is working just fine AFAIK. I installed SES 4.16a on my newer machine, and my scripts (and yours) work fine! (macOS Catalina 10.15.4)

When I put your short script on my SES 4.52a, I only get section headings Blocked, Ready, and Suspended. So my favorite theory is that there's a setting in SES that's getting in the way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by s.borchers ().

• Thanks for sharing your observation.
    I am currently running SES 4.52a (64-bit) on Windows 10, and I have similar observations on this version.

I will now quickly try on the older version (4.16a) and see if it works for me.

Thanks again
    Shrey
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The awareness scripts shipped with Embedded Studio in the /samples folder have not changed since the 4.42 (since the files are shipped with ES) and also Embedded Studios behaviour has not changed ever since.
    Could you clarify where you sourced the file from before?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Shrey,

Thank you for clarifying. It appears not the file was the cause but under certain circumstances ES was not creating certain debug symbols that are needed for this feature to work as expected. This has been fixed in V4.52c as you correctly found out.

We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.