[SOLVED] Jlink and (K9F2G08U0B or K9F1G08U0B) and LPC1788

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink and (K9F2G08U0B or K9F1G08U0B) and LPC1788

Hello all,
    I am working on programming LPC1788 with external ROM (NAND Flash) K9F2G08U0B or K9F1G08U0B (They are somehow similar). The NAND works perfectly on LPC1788 with simple reading datasheet, writing corresponding code and programming LPC1788.
    There are some related questions that I have encountered during developing the application. As I am using EMWIN for GUI, I have several images that I need to use. Now the main problem is LPC1788 memory shortage. I have followed taterli.com/en/204/ with total failure. The questions are as follows.
    First and foremost, is it possible to program Nand Flash via Jlink? (The NAND flash is on EMC BUS) (using related FLM (flash algorithm) and "Jlink.ini" files)
    Second, if first question answer is YES, how is it possible to do such a thing?
    Third, How can one put a variable in external ram, should it be written with _attribute keyword or changing c file options in Keil and set memory assignment?
    Forth, What is a scatter(loading) file, and what is it for?
    If there is any sample project available, it would be of more help.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Images
    • Annotation 2020-05-17 134217.jpg-320x240.jpg

16.44 kB, 293×240, viewed 281 times
    • Annotation 2020-05-17 134418.jpg-320x240.jpg

24.07 kB, 320×239, viewed 245 times
    • Annotation 2020-05-17 134552.jpg-320x240.jpg

16.83 kB, 320×238, viewed 265 times
  • vahidajalluian wrote:

First and foremost, is it possible to program Nand Flash via Jlink? (The NAND flash is on EMC BUS) (using related FLM (flash algorithm) and "Jlink.ini" files)
    Yes:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nand-dataflash-and-eeprom

vahidajalluian wrote:

Second, if first question answer is YES, how is it possible to do such a thing?
    See here: wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader

vahidajalluian wrote:

Third, How can one put a variable in external ram, should it be written with _attribute keyword or changing c file options in Keil and set memory assignment?
    Question for Keil, not SEGGER.

vahidajalluian wrote:

Forth, What is a scatter(loading) file, and what is it for?
    Question for Keil, not SEGGER.

vahidajalluian wrote:

If there is any sample project available, it would be of more help.
    Sorry, we do not have any sample project available for this.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.