WM_NOTIFY_PARENT does not work for Listbox!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WM_NOTIFY_PARENT does not work for Listbox!

Hi,
      I'm working on a Window that contains a Listbox and some buttons. When I touch Listbox's area, it just sends WM_TOUCH_CHILD into the Callback and it does not send WM_NOTIFY_PARENT. Why?
      Although, if I have a Listview after a touch it goes me through to Callback with WM_TOUCH_CHILD, WM_NOTIFY_PARENT and WM_NOTIFICATION_CLICKED that I can get what happened.
    • Hi,

WM_TOUCH_CHILD messages are sent to the parent window, if a child window has received touch input. WM_NOTIFY_PARENT messages are also sent from the child window to the parent.

I tested this and after I changed the LISTBOX's selection, the parent window received three WM_NOTIFY_PARENT messages (for WM_NOTIFICATION_CLICKED, WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED and WM_NOTIFICATION_SEL_CHANGED). You can find the sample I used for testing here.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.