[SOLVED] J-Link Commander Renesas RX Authentication Key Invalid- Erase chip after n attempts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Commander Renesas RX Authentication Key Invalid- Erase chip after n attempts

SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.46k (Compiled Jul 22 2019 10:50:35)
    DLL version V6.46k, compiled Jul 22 2019 10:50:24

I have some boards with a RX231 Renesas on it that used a while back, put the protection by code back then but can't remember what it was so I keep getting the "Debugger authentication failed. Authentication key rejected by CPU"
    Is there a way to setup JLink to erase a chip after Debugger authentication failed for a certain number of attempts (similar to what the E1 Renesas programmer does)?

Thanks.
  • Hi,

This is currently not supported as it also involves switching from JTAG/FINE to the UART boot mode of the device and most customers do not have all required pins for this connected.
    Also, unfortunately, the connection for UART boot mode may use different pins than JTAG/FINE on some devices, which makes things even more problematic as some of the pins may not be available on the current RX adapters we offer.
    I have put this onto the internal ToDo list but without any schedule so far.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.