[ABANDONED] SystemView Module Register Module doesn't work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SystemView Module Register Module doesn't work

Hi,

I'm running the newest version of SystemView and using the JLink on the nrf52840 DK with NoOS. My source code is below, SystemView doesn't recognize the testFunc function(it's called function #512 in the screenshot). My host OS is Fedora 32 and I'm using the RTT source code included with nrf52 SDK. Another odd thing that I noticed is that once I created a file called SYSVIEW_testModule.txt in ~/.config/SEGGER and the function is recognized but only if a blank line is at the end of the file.

Source Code

1. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_MODULE testModule{
    2. .sModule = "M=testModule,0 testFunc some_num=%u",
    3. .NumEvents = 1,
    4. };
    5. void testFunc() { SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RecordU32(0 + testModule.EventOffset, 5); }
    6. int main(void) {
    7. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf();
    8. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RegisterModule(&testModule);
    9. }
    Display All
    Screenshot: imgur.com/a/AupFR0C
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Did you follow the following instructions when instrumenting your NoOS application?
    wiki.segger.com/Use_SystemView_without_RTOS

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.