[SOLVED] Unable to flash a TI LaunchPad CC2652R1FRGZ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Unable to flash a TI LaunchPad CC2652R1FRGZ

This is a follow up to [SOLVED] LAUNCHXL CC26X2R1 + Code Composer + JLINK EDU MINI unfortunately the thread is closed and I would like to ask the OP how he managed to flash the board, using a JLink. I've removed all jumpers that where not necessary to provide power to the board and connected my J-Trace (using latest SW version V6.72b). JLinkExe just gave similar error messages (trying to reset the board):

Source Code

1. Device "CC2652R1F" selected.
    2. Connecting to target via SWD
    3. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    4. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    5. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    6. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    7. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    8. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    9. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    10. InitTarget: Can not find ICE-Pick (IDCODE mismatch). Expected 0x0B00002F, found: 0x3FFFFFFF
    11. ****** Error: InitTarget(): PCode returned with error code -1
    Display All
    I've attached a logic analyzer and at least saw traffic on the SWDIO and SWDCLK lines. Finally, I gave up and installed the TI software to operate the on board debugger, with which is was possible to install firmware on the board, without any problems (after putting the pulled jumpers back in place). I tried the JTrace after using the TI software once more, but without success.

Any idea, what could be wrong here?

Best regards,
    Torsten
  • Hi Torsten,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please provide us with a photo of your setup (jumper settings, cable connections, etc.)?
    Could you please follow the troubleshooting article on the page linked below and send us a screenshot of the entire J-Link Commander output?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…the_CPU#Target_connection

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,
    please find attached a picture from the setup I've used yesterday. I've checked the 3.3V on the connector at the lower left side of the board, I attached the logic analyzer to the TMS and TCK pins on the left connector side.

best regards,
    Torsten
    Images
    • IMG_5038.jpeg

753.48 kB, 2,016×1,512, viewed 335 times
  • Hi,
    I think I found the reason for the issue.
    It seems like this device does not support SWD as interface.
    Does it work when selecting JTAG as interface?

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Fabian,
    looks like this would have been the solution. Haven't tried to flash the firmware, but the JLinkExe is reporting correctly the CoreSights components of the controller. Thank you very much for further looking into this!

best regards,
    Torsten
  • Hi Torsten,
    You are welcome.
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

We will consider this thread as closed for now.
    Should further problems occur regarding this, please contact me via PM and I will reopen this thread.

Best regards,
    Fabian