[SOLVED] QSPI speed in bundled STM32L496G_Disco OFL?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] QSPI speed in bundled STM32L496G_Disco OFL?

I am working with a board that is copied partly from the STM32L496G_Disco board as a reference, using that exact micro and SPI flash.

The good news is that the bundled OFL loader for this MCU + flash combo works "out of the box" with JLink and Ozone. Wow.

The bad news is that it is a bit slow to program even a modest size hex, ~1.7MB takes 30+ seconds.

What speed(s) are set up for the MCU and the QSPI clock in the ST_STM32L496G_Disco_QSPI.elf OFL that is bundled in the JLink package?

Is the source for that OFL project available, in case I want to change it & change the MCU clock to maximize programming speed? Or maybe implement some of the cleverer BlankCheck and Verify functions if those are not in there already.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    I sent you the sources via PM.

Please do not share this file with any third parties. The file is provided as-is without claim for support.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.