[SOLVED]JLink -NoGui 1 "Unknown command line option -NoGui."

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]JLink -NoGui 1 "Unknown command line option -NoGui."

Hi,

I am facing the issue described in the title, some of the command line arguments for JLink commander don't seem to work.
    I tried JLink.exe -NoGui 1 (copy-paste from the wiki), and I get "Unknown command line option -NoGui.".

Same for -ExitOnError and -USB.

I am facing this issue both on the latest version V6.72b and on older versions V4.84f.

How should I proceed?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

The "-NoGui 1" command line is not yet supported. It will be part of the next beta release planned for Friday.

I added a note to the Wiki-page.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for the clarificatio!

As a correction from my part, the other options "-ExitOnError and -USB" are actually supported in the newer version.

Will the -nogui option offer some sort of loading bar in the terminal window? I am thinking that by parsing this output data we could have the flexibility of creating a custom loading bar in an application.
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in response.

A function for a custom loading bar is part of the J-Link SDK and is used in the J-Link Commander application.
    The source code of the J-Link Commander is also part of the J-Link SDK.

For more information about the SDK, please refer to this page:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

As mentioned above, when issuing the -NoGui command, a Terminal I/O variant of it will be displayed in the J-Link Commander.

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.