[SOLVED] STM32F7 ITCM Usage and Source Level Debugging

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] STM32F7 ITCM Usage and Source Level Debugging

Hi there, I'm currently developing on a STM32F777 chip that has 16k of ITCM at 0x00000000 for fast execution. I've got a linker script setup to load functions with a .fast_func attribute into this section along with an initialize by copy section for the same .fast_func sections.

The code gets loaded into the ITCM correctly and is able to execute just fine, but somewhere along the way the link between the code and my source files got lost; I can't set any breakpoints in the function that is loaded into ITCM via source, only with the disassembler. I'm assuming I'm missing something simple, but this is the first time I've run into this using TCM for instruction execution.

I've attached my linker script, if that provides any insight.

Thanks for any help!
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The linker script looks correct on first glance. Could you provide an example project for reproduction where the no source behaviour is reproducible with?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Thread will be continued in support ticket as you are in valid support period.
    EDIT: Is an issue with Embedded Studio. Code linked to 0x0 was not detected correctly. Will be fixed in next version.
    Workaround: Don't link code to 0x0 but starting from e.g. 0x4.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.