[SOLVED] syntax coloring

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] syntax coloring

Hello everyone! The question concerns the syntax coloring.
    If I choose a background color FOR SELECTION other than zero, then I can't select words with the mouse.
    And it is no longer possible to select a letter in a word.The picture shows that I tried to highlight the fifth to seventh lines, but the words were not highlighted.
    And if I select letters inside a word, I don't see which letters are highlighted.
    Is this a bug or is it done on purpose?
    em v4.52, cortex-M4F
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    I assume it is related to thecomment block letters.
    Could you provide and example c file for reproduction?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    I assume it is related to thecomment block letters.
    Could you provide and example c file for reproduction?

Best regards,
    Nino

Thank you for reply! It doesn't depend on the letters or the file. This depends on the color setting(Tools -> Options -> Color Schemes).
    The image shows that I selected the entire text. But the preprocessor commands (#ifdef, #define) are still colored in their own color, and you can't see that they are highlighted.
    Also, the comment is not highlighted, the "void" is not highlighted, and the numbers are not highlighted, because the background color for them is different from zero. If you choose background color=0 for them, everything will be fine, but I want a colored background. You never know what I want)), but suddenly it can be fixed in the settings? Maybe I just didn't see an item in the menu?
    em v4.52, cortex-M4F

The post was edited 2 times, last by fiim ().

• Hello,

The reported behaviour is still not reproducible. What color scheme do you have selected?
    Can you provide a source file for reproduction where you can reproduce the behaviour with?
    Please understand that without exact reproduction steps we can't investigate further.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello,

The reported behaviour is still not reproducible. What color scheme do you have selected?
    Can you provide a source file for reproduction where you can reproduce the behaviour with?
    Please understand that without exact reproduction steps we can't investigate further.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Yes, I understand, all right. Here is the SEGGER Embedded Studio settings file(settings.xml) with my color settings, and source file(main2.c) as axample.
    Files
    • F3.zip

(13.49 kB, downloaded 310 times, last: )
    em v4.52, cortex-M4F

The post was edited 1 time, last by fiim ().

• Hello,

Thank you for providing the files. With them the issue was reproducible. It is related to the selected background color for the color scheme you have selected. If you disable the background color marking should work as expected.
    We will see if we can improve the behaviour here.

Best regards,
    Nino