[ABANDONED] Cannot connect to "Existing Session" in J-Link RTT Viewer V6.48a on Ubuntu 18.04

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Cannot connect to "Existing Session" in J-Link RTT Viewer V6.48a on Ubuntu 18.04

Setup: J-Link RTT Viewer V6.48a on Ubuntu 18.04 for my STM32F302CC using J-Link Mini EDU.

I have been making reliable connections using USB mode and reading messages printed by SEGGER_RTT_printf. However, when I am debugging using CLion/OpenOCD and try to use "Existing Session", it just loads forever without a successful connection.

Edit: I tried it with the newest V6.72a and I observe the same behaviour.

The post was edited 2 times, last by thekenu ().

• Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

When using the J-Link in connection with OpenOCD, there is no session the RTT Viewer can hook up to, because no J-Link DLL instance exists.

For this to work you will have to use the GDB feature of CLion.
    This is also highly recommended, because OpenOCD is much slower then the native J-Link implementation of the J-Link DLL.

A how to guide for the use of CLion with J-Link is already planned and will be added in the next couple of days.

I will come back to you when it is created.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    Unfortunately, not yet.
    We have a couple of pressing projects right now, that have to be handled first.

I will keep you posted on this.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.