[SOLVED] Unable to use RTT with J-Scope on Cypress PSOC4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unable to use RTT with J-Scope on Cypress PSOC4

Hi,

I'm trying to use J-Scope to instrument data on a Cypress PSOC4 device (CY8C425, segger.com/evaluate-our-softwa…r/psoc-4-development-kit/). HSS method in Ozone works fine and I was trying out the RTT method using J-scope. I'm not able to use the 3 phase sine example included in the J-Scope installation due to limited RAM in the micro-controller I'm using the most basic function (attached) to check how this RTT would work.

So far I'm not having any luck. I can see the control block and data format are correctly identified but no data is coming through. Can someone take a look at the code I have and try to see it works on their end?

Thanks,
    John
    Files
  • [SOLVED] Unable to use RTT with J-Scope on Cypress PSOC4

C Source Code: Jscope_RTT_test

1. #include <project.h> //Specific to Cypress PSOC devices, only needed for CyDelay() function
    2. #include <stdio.h>
    3. #include "SEGGER_RTT.h"
    4. char JS_RTT_UpBuffer[128];
    5. #pragma pack(push, 1)
    6. struct {
    7. int16_t x;
    8. int16_t y;
    9. int16_t z;
    10. } xcelBuffer;
    11. #pragma pack(pop)
    12. int main(void) {
    13. SEGGER_RTT_ConfigUpBuffer(1, "JScope_I2I2I2", &JS_RTT_UpBuffer[0], sizeof(JS_RTT_UpBuffer), SEGGER_RTT_MODE_BLOCK_IF_FIFO_FULL);
    14. do {
    15. SEGGER_RTT_Write(1, &xcelBuffer, sizeof(xcelBuffer));
    16. xcelBuffer.x ++;
    17. xcelBuffer.y ++;
    18. xcelBuffer.z ++; //let it overflow for testing
    19. CyDelay(10); //use your own delay funciton, delay 10ms
    20. } while (1);
    21. }
    Display All
  • Hi John,
    We received you inquiry in our ticket system.
    The engineer responsible for J-Scope will answer you there.

To keep information to one channel and to prevent additional work load, we will consider this thread as closed now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.