German ÄÖÜ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• German ÄÖÜ

Hi,

I have created the .C file for the German alphabets and i am not able to display ÄÖÜ.

can some one help in creating .c file. and i have attached the pattern file.

Thank you,
      Files
    • Hi,

there are a few steps necessary for displaying non-ASCII characters in emWin.

1. Make sure that your font contains the characters you want to display. Your pattern file has the correct encoding. So when you disable all characters of the and load the pattern file, the umlauts will be present in the font.
      2. Convert the string you want to display to UTF-8 using our tool U2C or this website.
      3. Call GUI_UC_SetEncodeUTF8() at the beginning of your application (after GUI_Init()).
      4. Set the font to the one mentioned in Step 1.
      5. Display the string.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

the font you sent worked fine for me. I forgot to mention that umlauts are part of extended ASCII, so to display them you may leave out above steps 2 and 3. What exactly does not work?

Best regards,

Florian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

can you send me code to reproduce this behavior? As said, everything is working on my end.

Best regards,

Florian

• Hi,

you can either upload code as .txt or in a .zip file or by posting it here.

Best regards,

Florian

• Hi, sure:

C Source Code

1. #include "DIALOG.h"
      2. #define DISP_THIN_TXT "DÜNN"
      3. void MainTask(void) {
      4. GUI_Init();
      5. GUI_SetFont(&GUI_FontRoboto19);
      6. GUI_DispString(DISP_THIN_TXT);
      7. while (1) {
      8. GUI_Delay(100);
      9. }
      10. }
      Display All
      Note that the code above is missing your font due to forum limitations. You'll have to copy and paste the font into the program in order for it to work.

Best regards,

Florian

• Hi,

as I already said, your font file worked for me. I cannot tell what is going wrong on your end if you don't send me code to reproduce the behavior.

Best regards,

Florian

• void Display_Initialization() {

/*Read Stored Brightness value*/
      if ( !ReadCNL_Brightness() )
      g__Disp_ucBrightness = 50; /*DEFAULT Brightness, if Previous Values not found*/

if ( !ReadSETTIN_LFluoro() )
      g__SETTIN_ucLFluoro = 0;

/*Enable Brightness PWM*/
      _DisplayBrightness(g__Disp_ucBrightness);
      /*Enable Display*/
      _LCD_Display_ON();

/*GUI LIBRARY INIT*/
      WM_SetCreateFlags(WM_CF_MEMDEV);
      GUI_Init();

#ifdef SHOW_CURSOR
      GUI_CURSOR_Select(&GUI_CursorArrowM);
      GUI_CURSOR_Show();
      #endif
      /*LOGO and Console Version Display*/
      LogoScreen();

/*Default Screen Iniz*/
      EnhancedMultiScreen();

}
    • Hi florian,

Please find the attachment. Kindly help.
      Files
      • 1.txt

(509 Byte, downloaded 211 times, last: )
      • 2.txt

(403 Byte, downloaded 221 times, last: )
      • 3.txt

(320 Byte, downloaded 199 times, last: )
      • 4.txt

(1.87 kB, downloaded 216 times, last: )
    • Hi,

I don't see anything wrong with your code, regarding emWin. But at no point in the application you display the text DISP_THIN_TXT?

Best regards,

Florian

• hRadio = RADIO_CreateEx(200, 60, 125, 150, pMsg->hWin, WM_CF_HIDE, 0, C_ARM_RADIO_ID, 3, 50);
      RADIO_SetTextColor(hRadio, GUI_LIGHT_GRAY);
      RADIO_SetFont(hRadio, SMALL_FONT);
      /*RADIO_*/
      RADIO_SetText(hRadio, DISP_THIN_TXT, enRAD_BODY_SIZE_THIN);

like this i am using...

Thank you,