[SOLVED] Auto insert braces } and C template

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Auto insert braces } and C template

Hi,

How can I configure the option that segger auto inserts a curly brace } after a statement.
    For instance, if I type if () { then it's not auto inserting the closing brace } like almost all other editors do by default.

Also another feature in embedded studio, the C template, if I type for instance 'if', it auto completes a statement. However the identation for this template is not correct. With the if statement it shows:
    if ()
    {
    }

How can I make this identation another style, for instance the Allman style?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Gueston wrote:

How can I configure the option that segger auto inserts a curly brace } after a statement.
    For instance, if I type if () { then it's not auto inserting the closing brace } like almost all other editors do by default.
    This is not available yet. We put it on our feature wishlist for our editor. Currently we do not have a fixed timeschedule for this.

Regarding CTemplates.
    You can change them to your liking by editing the studio.xml file in the ES installation folder.
    We recommend to backup that file before editing it.
    Make sure to restart ES so your changes take effect.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.