[SOLVED] Windows crash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Windows crash

Hi all,

I have got some weird problem. Yesterday I was updating my J-Link on development board PCA10040.
    Suddenly my Windows OS crashed. Since then everytime when I connect board to computer, Windows crashes, ususally with "blue screen".
    Have you got any idea how to fix it?

Regards
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Could you please answer the following questions?
    1) Did you use the latest J-Link Software and Documentation Pack version to update the J-Link firmware?
    2) Which Windows OS are you using?
    3) Does this issue also appear on other Windows machines?
    4) Does this also happen when connecting the J-Link directly to the PC (without USB-Hub in between)
    5) When receiving a blue screen, which is the error code displayed?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

1) Actualisation was automatic so probably latest
    2) Windows 7
    3) I do not know that yet
    4) Yes, no HUB
    5) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and something in hex 0x03B

Best regards,
    Antek

The post was edited 1 time, last by Antek ().

• Hi Antek,
    The firmware (FW) update notification always pops up when a J-Link DLL with a later J-Link Version available, then the one inside of the J-Link, is connected to the J-Link.
    Therefore it does not necessarily mean, that it is the latest one.

Did you update the FW with the latest J-Link DLL, of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack? This would be V6.70c right now, available here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack

If this is not the case, please try to connect to the J-Link with a different PC and with a tool from the latest version of the Software and Documentation Pack, e.g. J-Link Commander (JLink.exe).

Does this resolve the issue?

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Antek,
    Download the latest J-Link Software and Documentation Pack (JLSDP) here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack
    While the installation, you will be able to tick "Install J-Link Drivers". This will install the latest J-Link driver.

Since it works on other Windows machines, could you please do the follwoing:
    1) Connect the J-Link OB to a Windows machine which does not crash.
    2) Install the latest JLSDP (link above).
    3) Start the J-Link Commander (JLink.exe).
    If the J-Link OB is the only J-Link connected to the PC, J-Link Commander will connect to the J-Link automatically.
    If there are multiple J-Links connected to the PC, please select the J-Link OB in the device selection dialog.
    It will then automatically trigger an update dialog, if a later FW version is available with this JLSDP.
    4) If this is the case, please update the J-Link FW and try again on your machine.

Could you please come back to us if it worked?

Best regards,
    Fabian

• Hi Antek,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

Best regards,
    Fabian